the next SFPE webinar is…
Join Skype Meeting
Trouble Joining? Try Skype Web App
Join by phone
+64 (9) 301 3793 (Auckland) Conference ID: 4168916
Time and day
Wednesday 12th September 12-13:00
Subdivisions and Fire Engineers – A Surveyors Perspective
Presented by Neale Faulkner (Director - Yeomans Survey Solutions Limited, email@example.com)
Neale will provide a short presentation intended to help fire engineers better understand ‘subdivisions’ followed by a Q&A session. Topics will include:
• General introduction to the different types of property; unit titles, cross leases (differences between these), fee simple, strata titles, license to occupy, common property, auxiliary units
• The role/responsibilities of the body corporate (say, for apartment buildings)
• Easements and encumbrances; what do they mean, when are they used, what is the correct use/context for each?
• Responsibilities for fire separations between titles on boundaries (e.g. if there is a fire curtain/shutter relied on for addressing spread of fire between properties) –ownership and ongoing responsibilities for each party.
• What should fire engineers expect to provide as part of a Subdivision consent?
• Applicability of ‘as near as reasonably practicable’ to subdivision of an existing building?
Neale Faulkner is a principal of Yeomans Survey Solutions Limited, a cadastral surveying company based in Auckland. He has considerable experience with subdivisions, particularly in the urban environment, which has included numerous fee simple strata and unit title subdivisions, a lot of which have involved mixed use developments and dealing with the particular characteristics associated therewith including fire protection implications. Over recent years he has critiqued and analysed many unit titled developments associated with leaky buildings and has been involved with the Unit Titles Act review, LINZ in terms of the development of the Rules for Cadastral Survey and the definition of unit boundaries, and has presented a number of seminars on the Unit Titles Act for the NZIS and other industry groups.
Online webinar (no physical location). Connect using the link above
Any questions, please contact either
Michael James, Origin Fire, firstname.lastname@example.org, 021 708460
Greg North, Beca, email@example.com, 027 499 5657
Should you wish to test the webinar connection in advance, please contact Greg North
You are welcome to forward this reminder onto other interested parties.