New C/AS2 - when will we receive it?

(Debbie Scott) #1

Hi,
Does anybody know when we might receive the new C/AS2?

I read that its going to be effective from the 27th June 2019. However it would be helpful if we received a copy of it in a decent period of time before it becomes effective…

Thanks
Debbie

(Kenneth Crawford) #2

I got the impression that MBIE would release it that day, and allow an unreasonably short 3 month phase in to create maximum disruption to as many building consents as possible. I believe I did suggest a 12 month phase in, but whatever.

There isn’t much that has changed, with exception of some minor fixes that were suggested during public consultation (which were never a part of the working group process). MBIE should be commended for only taking 5 years to carry out the word processing task of combining C/AS2 - C/AS7 into one document.

(Biswadeep Ghosh) #3

Wish they had names it C/AS8 or something else, now it will be confusing when I refer to C/AS2 (old) and C/AS2 (New) :thinking:

(John Davidson) #4

It really can’t be C/AS2 as it is not a revision of C/AS2 and is not a reprint of C/AS2 either. I like the idea of C/AS8 but we as users are mere mortals and it is probably all printed by now.