Safety in Design working group

Hello All,

I am a committee member of the NZ Society of Safety Engineering, and one of our goals is to promote the ‘safety in design’ message to other Engineering NZ TIGs. Earlier this year our illustrious president asked me to assemble and head a working group to prepare a practice note or discussion paper offering guidance to Fire Engineers and those working on the contractors/installers side of our industry. I have joined forces with Llewellen Mudrovcic of Argus who is gathering volunteers among his contacts and I need a few volunteers to represent fire engineers and fire protection designers.

Your time commitment will be a half day workshop (Auckland based in person or remotely) and then a few hours for a possible 2nd meeting and to review/comment on the draft document.

The scope will be Health & Safety in design considerations for -

• Fire Engineering design and specifications for all building types
• Fire Safety system design, specification, installation and maintenance

This will include Active protection systems, Passive fire, Alarm systems and firefighting facilities.

Please respond to this topic to register your interest, I was hoping to hold the workshop late this month or in early July with a view to present at FireNZ in October.