New C/AS2 - when will we receive it?

Hi,
Does anybody know when we might receive the new C/AS2?

I read that its going to be effective from the 27th June 2019. However it would be helpful if we received a copy of it in a decent period of time before it becomes effective…

Thanks
Debbie

I got the impression that MBIE would release it that day, and allow an unreasonably short 3 month phase in to create maximum disruption to as many building consents as possible. I believe I did suggest a 12 month phase in, but whatever.

There isn’t much that has changed, with exception of some minor fixes that were suggested during public consultation (which were never a part of the working group process). MBIE should be commended for only taking 5 years to carry out the word processing task of combining C/AS2 - C/AS7 into one document.

Wish they had names it C/AS8 or something else, now it will be confusing when I refer to C/AS2 (old) and C/AS2 (New) :thinking:

1 Like

It really can’t be C/AS2 as it is not a revision of C/AS2 and is not a reprint of C/AS2 either. I like the idea of C/AS8 but we as users are mere mortals and it is probably all printed by now.

1 Like

Far too simple John, why would they want to do that eh!

Hi All,

Does anybody know if there is any plan to issue a Commentary for the new C/AS2 too?

A Commentary seems essential as all the comments on C/AS 2-7 (e.g. on Notional Boundary definition, on Clause 3.11.1 or 3.11.2 and etc) have been removed in the new C/AS2. So, can we use the old comments?

Thanks
Kaveh

technically you can use anything to demonstrate compliance, as it is compliance to the Code and not the Acceptable Solution that the Act requires.